Disclaimer

If you disagree with what is written here, you are more than welcome to discuss it. I will respond to every comment.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Vajecny Sen

This is a story of childhood and dreams, also story of friendship and bonding...but let the tale begin.


When I was a little girl my dad used to take us all to Czechoslovakia ( now Czech and Slovakia) for long months of almost constant holidays. He never did care much wether we skip June and September of school cause he considered travelling much more schooling in our upbringing.

Indeed we have seen so many places, met so many people, I even got my first adorer that time- a nice fether of peacock from the Kinsky Castle was delivered straight into my hands by a very handsome dad's colleague :)

During that time I remember we had our tastes. We were testing local cusine and beverages. One of those snacks was Vyprazany Syr - baked cheese, legendary for those who know Czech Republic.

There was also beer which we could have tasted in little portions during that time, other times drinking non alcoholic beer sold in Czech Pubs especially for children. Yes, Czech Pubs are family places, not just spots full of drunken guys.

One of thoise childhood tastes is Vajecny Sen. This legendary liquor being produced in Dolny Kubin in Slovakia already has growing number of fans on Facebook. Also it is something which never lost quality during communism and something which  does still taste good and was not bought by any French or German mass shit production corporate business.

This is how it looks:


This year I think I already had at least 5 bottles of Vajecny and some of them prepared for gifts. But because it is so fast gone I started researching if I can do it myself.

And guess what, yes I can. I will share here just a general receipe:
Składniki:
6 yellow parts of the egg
250 ml spirit or vodka
750 ml condensed milk
1 glass of sugar
1 pack of vanilla sugar
2 dark non sugared chocolates

Yolks mash with sugar to the clear mass, add milk, mix, later alcohol, mix, chocolates melt on the steam and add a bit of water. cool it down a bit, bottle it, close it. Leave for 24hrs. Shake. ready. Bon apetite!

Ah  bonding issue: this is something you share with people. And if you think that you share it with a friend you know for 22 yerars...or 26 years... this is empasising bond.  If you cannot make a beverage with your long term friend, you can't talk to people, can't connect with them...you are so very poor. Your life is empty, even if you had all of the money of this world. This is another person around making you rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment